National Learning and Development Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Location: Derby, DE1 2jt
At 3aaa we are seeking to appoint an experienced professional with a strong background in L&D to work alongside our Apprenticeship Levy paying clients (often FTSE). You will be conducting Business Needs Analysis (BNA) across the client business, mapping across commercial training into apprenticeship programmes and implementing Apprenticeship programmes to maximise client Levy contributions, using the new apprenticeship standards.
You will have excellent knowledge of Leadership & Management programmes at level 3 & 5
(CMI essential, ILM desirable)
You will work closely with the client L&D and HR teams to develop a strategy and implementation plan.
You will lead the induction and enrolment day for delegates within our Levy paying clients, providing an engaging programme launch and full programme overview – supported by onboarding colleagues.
The role will include national travel in accordance with client coverage and business requirements
Key Tasks and Accountabilities
·Conduct a Business Needs Analysis across the client’s business
·Conduct initial research and upfront scoping exercise in preparation for client meetings
·Work closely with client L&D / HR teams to develop strategic implementation plans
·Review internal and commercial training and map to Apprenticeship standards
·Map new and existing job roles to apprenticeship standards
·Identify new apprenticeship opportunities within the business
·Review client’s current provision, to assess if this will meet the client’s future needs
·Scope contextualised programme content to support development and implementation of programmes
·Work with Account Manager to form project plan, engagement timeline and delivery schedule
·Drive performance to ensure commercial viability and mutually beneficial partnerships with clients
·Produce and update plans, handbooks and bespoke materials for clients
·Lead on induction and enrolment onto programmes – supported by onboarding colleagues
Key Outcomes to be measured (KPI’s)
·Identify new business opportunities for 3aaa
·Develop & maintain client relationships – working closely with Account Managers
·Deliver Outstanding customer service
Qualifications and Knowledge
• Knowledge of the Apprenticeship Levy
• Understanding of new Apprenticeship Standards particularly of Leadership & Management Level 3 & Level 5
• Knowledge of CMI Diploma at both Level 3 & Level 5
• Understanding of the FE sector and impact the Levy will have for employers
• Proven business development abilities and experience of working in a target-driven environment
• Corporate management experience
• Experience of presenting at various levels, from senior management to young people
• Understanding of funding and registration for Apprenticeships
• Full understanding of Apprenticeship standards and mapping job roles/development programmes
• Ability to create and develop detailed process maps and project plans
• A full, clean drivers licence, access to own vehicle with business insurance
• Project Management Experience
• Experience of working with education partners, particularly with delivery across multiple sectors
• LMS experience
• Delivery capability across: Leadership and Management / Project Management / Customer Services
• Knowledge of ILM – Level 3 and Level 5
• Excellent interpersonal and networking skills
• Proven business development experience
• Influencing and negotiation skills
• IT Skills – MS Office Suite
• LMS experience
·Proven ability to work independently
·Self-starter with strong organising abilities
·Ability to work in a pressurised environment
·Able to work flexible hours
·Communicates effectively with individuals and groups of all ages and experience
At 3aaa we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and vulnerable adults, and we expect all our employees to share this commitment. This post is subject to the satisfactory completion of an enhanced DBS check, Barred List check, the receipt of satisfactory references and any other statutory checks that are required for the post
All applicants require a full clean driving license and have their own transport.
3aaa Apprenticeships is an Ofsted Grade 1 Outstanding national training provider specialising in the delivery of apprenticeship programmes across the country.
We aim to provide the next generation of high quality IT employees, Digital Marketing executives, Financial Services staff, Managers and Accountants to feed the demand for qualified professionals through the exceptional delivery of Level 3, 4 & 5 training and professional qualifications. We also have a significant number of Levy paying clients from Blue Chip companies and many education and sporting organisations. Our wider offer to clients continues to expand and grow to meet new demands.
3aaa Apprenticeships is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.